WebToGo provides a young, international and dynamic working environment, which favours team work and knowledge sharing. We are looking for proactive individuals who wish to contribute to the development of our solutions with a creative and innovative mind-set.
Digital Product Owner/Resident Intrapreneur
Location Munich, Germany or Madrid, Spain
WebToGo, a software innovator driving mobile Internet since 2001, is looking for a highly motivated generalist Product Manager, who is passionate about building game-changing applications and creating lasting value.
Product managers at WebToGo can truly be mini-CEOs of product lines. They manage the entire product life cycle from strategic planning to implementation to maximizing customer satisfaction, but are also expected to be very hands-on in project management, design and QA.
Our goal is to make mobile Internet easier for normal human beings. We create software that is distributed by network operators, phone manufacturers and others to many millions of users. In doing so, we provide a motivated, highly international and dynamic work environment, built on teamwork and knowledge sharing.
We are looking for proactive individuals, with a good feel for what is technically possible and how innovation can simplify life. If you are interested, we expect you to enjoy rolling up your sleeves and working closely with a team proud of its many cultures in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities.
As a Product Owner, WebToGo expects you to
- Drive the product vision and roadmap with all stakeholders
- Materialise that vision into an actual working product, managing deadlines and expectations
- Improve that product through measurement and innovation, sourcing from customers, our team and yourself
- Decompose projects into tasks, establish priorities, work with the team in planning, delivering, reviewing sprints and grooming the product backlog, track progress, resource and budget utilisation, identify and resolve blockers
- Source from the deep well of knowledge and existing systems that WebToGo and the wider community has in place to avoid re-inventing the wheel, avoid redundancy and make sure we truly add value and deliver the best possible quality
- Keep your team involved and motivated, resolving the conflicts that arise in fast-paced development and keeping communication channels open, positive, and success-oriented
- Build subject matter expertise in your area and stay up to date on technological developments
- Adhere to our methodologies but be ready to drive change and adapt methodology when necessary
To achieve the above, you convince us with
- 3+ years professional working experience in developing products
- Very good communication skills in German and English
- Being familiar with modern project management methodology and tools, agile mindset
- Experiences in designing user interfaces and interactions, e.g. using wire-framing tools
A university degree in a technical subject and experience in the software development process is likely to be a good precursor for some of the above.
But to excel at this job you need
- Passion for Mobile and Web-Application design and development
- To thrive working in and motivating inter-cultural teams
- Desire to succeed
Do you feel like you match the profile and would like to be part of our team?
Send your application with a complete CV, cover letter, references and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
WebToGo GmbH is a steadily growing company looking to appoint new Server Developers based in Munich, Germany. As a leading provider of Mobile Internet Solutions our telco customers include Orange Global, Telekom Austria Group, Deutsche Telekom Group, Telkomsel, AVEA, H3G, and E-Plus. WebToGo also provides solutions to hardware manufacturers such as Sony, Medion, LXE and Honeywell as well as different industry solutions.
As a Server Developer, you will be expected to design and develop server applications for client/server solutions for WebToGo’s customers. You will be responsible that our code provides the desired functionality, fulfils the defined requirements, and is compliant with our coding and quality standards.
Developers will be expected to follow WebToGo’s development guidelines from software design, to coding and software delivery. You will be responsible for defining a modern and sustainable server architecture and software design, for the implementation of server applications according to our coding guidelines, for managing and maintaining your code and code changes using our software configuration management tools. Performing unit tests, analysing issues, and fixing bugs will also be one of your obligations.
WebToGo provides an open minded, international and dynamic working environment, which favours team work and knowledge sharing. We are looking for proactive individuals who wish to contribute to the development of our solutions with a creative and innovative mind-set.
Desired Skills and Experience
- You hold a university degree in computer science and/or have experience in SW development.
- You are interested in software solutions in the area of Mobile Internet and enjoy technical challenges in a fast evolving market.
- You are enthusiastic on Server- and Web-Development and have software development/delivery/debugging experience, specifically in server and web development.
- You have experience in server architectures and development of server applications.
- You have a good knowledge of client/server technologies, like AJAX, JSP, ASP, node.js, HTML, XSLT, SOAP, JSON and XML.
- You are familiar with modern SW design and implementation methodologies and tools.
- You have worked with Database systems like SQL, MySQL, Mongo DB, …
- You are familiar with Internet Protocols, IP, TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, DHCP, HTTP, Routers, Firewalls, Web Servers, and Load Balancer.
- You have advanced/expert level Operating System knowledge with Unix/Linux, and Windows Server.
- You worked with SW version control and management systems, like Git, SVN, CVS, …
- You are a team-player and thrive in inter-cultural environments.
- You are a skilled communicator and are comfortable with English as a working language.
- Perseverance and respectful interactions with colleagues round off your profile.
We encourage fast learning achievers to apply, even if you do not meet all of the above requirements.
Please include an indication of your expected salary in your application.
Please send your CV via email to email@example.com